Since it was “rediscovered” by historian Hiram Bingham in 1911, Machu Picchu has been the destination of choice for travelers looking for natural beauty, spiritual enlightenment and awe-inspiring vistas. Built in 1450, “The Lost City of the Incas” sits 7,970 ft above sea level, and towers over the Sacred Valley, which is 50 miles northwest of Cuzco in central Peru. Designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1983, Machu Picchu was recently voted one of the “New Seven Wonders of the World” in a worldwide Internet poll. Making the pilgrimage to climb these steps is on the bucket list of every serious traveler.
Teplis has partnered with Trafalgar Tours to bring you this eight day vacation which is simply the best way to visit this historic site. Among its features:
- A ride on the Vistadome train, where panoramic windows allow you to appreciate the incredible scenery as you follow the Rio Vilcanota.
- Two days in Lima, where you’ll visit the city’s Historic Centre and the Church of San Francisco and meet the curator of the world’s largest private collection of pre-Columbian art at the Larco Museum. While in Lima guests will enjoy their hotel in San Isidro, one of the city’s most exclusive neighborhoods, and one bustling with shops and restaurants.
- A private tour of Casa Diez Canseco, the home of an illustrious Lima family, where you’ll meet the friendly owner and learn about the history of his historic home before celebrating your arrival in Peru with a home cooked meal of traditional Peruvian delicacies.
- An afternoon in Awanakancha, a living museum of the Peruvian Andes, where you can see and interact with llamas, alpacas and vicuñas. Explore the vibrant market of Pisac where local Quechua people come to sell their produce and handicrafts.
- A scenic drive through the Sacred Valley, and a visit to the ancient fortress of Sacsayhuaman, perched on a hill overlooking Cusco, the capital of the Inca Empire and site of The Temple of the Sun.
This journey was especially created by our friends at Trafalgar, with hand-picked hotels, knowledgeable local guides and unforgettable experiences. The itinerary is rated five stars and is their most popular tour in Peru. Your vacation includes:
- Seven nights accomodations at the Novotel Lima, the Sonesta Posadas del Inca Yucay, the El Mapi by Inkaterra and the Novotel Cusco.
- Thirteen meals: seven breakfasts, four dinners and two lunches including the private meal hosted by Dr Diez-Canseco in his home.
- Local transportation via luxury air-conditioned coachs with onboard WiFi, incountry flights (Lima to Cusco and Cusco to Lima) and tickets for.the Vistadome train.
- All transfers including porter service at all airports.
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
- Plus a Surprise Hidden Treasure which will be announced on your arrival!
Rates for this South American vacation start at $2,181 per person based on double occupancy and reflect the applicable discount. Discounts are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time without notice. Tour prices do not include airfare to and from Peru (please inquire) and are correct at the time of the products going live. All trip information is subject to change – please confirm all details at time of booking. Note: On the train to Machu Picchu, only hand luggage (overnight bag) can be taken. Your primary suitcase will be securely stored and returned to you in Cusco. In some locations you will be required to walk on uneven terrain and climb stairs without handrails. You should be in good health and be able to walk without assistance.
To book this vacation in the clouds call Susan Rogers in our Vacation Department at (678) 420-2510 | or Toll-Free at: (800) 950-2950 or email her at [email protected]