The culture of the Berbers in northern Africa dates back as many as 5,000 years. Discover their enduring legacy on this 15-day adventure into Morocco’s rich cultural heritage.
Explore the souks and streets of Marrakech and Fez, spend a night in a comfortable tented camp in the Sahara, enjoy dinner with a traditional Berber family, and unwind amid the coastal beauty of Essaouira.
This special National Geographic Journey is a magical ride, open your eyes to each dazzling place — and earn a new point of view.
Casablanca to Marrakesh
15 days | Land only
Starting at $2,762 pp
- 13 Nights Hotel Accommodations, plus 1 night in a comfortable desert camp
- Calligraphy Class, Fèz
- Moroccan Foodie Experience, Marrakech
- Tour of the Bahia Palace and Saadian Tombs
- Djemaa el Fna Market Square Visit, Marrakech.
- Tour the city of Meknes and the Roman ruins at Volubilis.
- Guided walking tour of Fes medina.
- Visit the ancient kasbah of Aït Ben Haddou.
- Sahara Desert excursion by 4×4
- Tour the Anti-Atlas region known for its natural rock formations and visit Aït Mansour Gorge and the Painted Rocks.
- Visit Menara Gardens and the Jardin Majorelle.
- All transfers between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 14 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners, including a private dinner with a Berber family
- A camel ride in the Sahara
- An afternoon in a a hammam, a traditional Moroccan bathhouse with multiple rooms (dry and steamed). Begin with a dry or hot room to prepare your skin and body, followed by a hot steam bath, a body scrub and massage, followed by a traditional mint tea!
Please note that this tour does not spend any time in Casablanca. You may wish to come a day early in order to explore Casablanca, and take some time to see its medina, beachfront, and classic examples of Art Deco architecture.
Round up the usual suspects and get yourself to Morocco! Contact Susan Rogers in our Vacation Department. You can reach Susan at (678) 420-2510 or email her at [email protected]
Note: This special journey is by arrangement with our service partner G Adventures and all their conditions and rules apply.