International Travelers can save time at US Border check points with an easy-to-use app that puts you on the fast track.
Mobile Passport Control (MPC) allows U.S. citizens and Canadian visitors to use the Mobile Passport app to expedite their entry process into the United States. It is the first app authorized by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) for eligible travelers with a smartphone or tablet to submit their passport information and answer CBP inspection-related questions prior to CBP inspection. Much like Automated Passport Control (APC), (which utilizes self-service kiosks at the airport) the app does not require pre-approval and is free to use. The app streamlines the traveler inspection process and enables CBP officers to focus more on the inspection and less on administrative functions.
HOW DOES MPC WORK?
Eligible travelers can download the Mobile Passport app from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
Travelers will be prompted to create a profile via the app with their passport information. The profile includes the traveler’s name, gender, date of birth, and country of citizenship. Upon landing in the United States, travelers will complete the “New Trip” section by selecting their arrival airport and airline, taking a self-photo, and answering a series of CBP inspection-related questions. Once the traveler submits their transaction through the app, the traveler will receive an electronic receipt with an Encrypted Quick Response (QR) code. Travelers then bring their passport and mobile device with their digital bar-coded receipt to a CBP officer to finalize their inspection for entry into the United States.
WHERE CAN ELIGIBLE TRAVELERS USE MPC?
MPC is available to U.S. citizens and Canadian visitors at the following 24 U.S. international airports and one sea port of entry:
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
- Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI)
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
- Denver International Airport (DEN)
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
- Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- William P. Hobby Houston International Airport (HOU)
- Miami International Airport (MIA)
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- Orlando International Airport (MCO)
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU)
- Sacramento International Airport (SMF)
- San Diego International Airport (SAN)
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- San Jose International Airport (SJC)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- Tampa International Airport (TPA)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Port Everglades (PEV)
To read more at the US Customs website, click here.