While it is neither the highest nor the widest waterfall in the world, Victoria Falls is classified as the largest, based on its combined width of 5,604 ft and height of 354 ft, resulting in the world’s largest sheet of falling water.
Named Mosi-oa-Tunya or “The Smoke That Thunders” by the indigenous Logi tribe, the modern name was given to this wonder by explorer David Livingstone when he became the first Englishman to view its splendor in 1855.
One of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, Victoria Falls offers breath-taking views that are almost too spectacular and majestic to describe.
Through our partnership with South African Airways, you can spend ten days exploring deepest, darkest Africa (including Victoria Falls and Hwange National Park) for an air-inclusive price of $5,299 per person.
Included in the adventure:
- Round-trip ticket from New York (JFK) to Johannesburg, South Africa
- Round-trip connecting flight from Johannesburg to Victoria Falls, Zambezi
- 2 nights accommodations at the Imbabla Zambezi Safari Lodge
- 1 Night accommodations at the 4-star luxury Elephant Camp
- 2 nights camping on the banks of the Zambezi river
- 2 nights accommodations at the Somalisa Camp
- Two days of canoeing on whitewater rapids (grade one and two) plus canoe instruction
- Once in a lifetime Elephant Interaction at the Elephant Camp
- Hwange National Park safari
- Tours of Victoria Falls from both the Zambezi and Zimbabwe sides of the river
- Most meals as per the itinerary (7 x breakfast, 6 lunch, 7 x dinner)
- Ground transfers as per the itinerary
- All park fees and safari activities
This itinerary combines adventure with amazing chances to see big game animals up close in the wild. It’s not for the faint of heart, but those brave enough to explore its beauty will experience Africa as it’s meant to be seen!
Rates are per person, based on double occupancy, and are valid from Jan. 1, to May 31, 2019 and from Nov. 1 to Dec. 9, 2019. Departures from Washington Dulles (IAD) are also available but require an extra night in Johannesburg, inquire for rates.
Contact Susan Rogers in our Vacation Department to add this to your schedule for 2019. You can reach Susan at (678) 420-2510 or email her at [email protected]